So what happened this day? Well the plan was pick me up at 7, stay at my friends house, go to Northamptonshire the next day. I got very lucky and received a phone call from my friends saying they were picking me up much earlier. (it was like a late Christmas present :D ) Though we didn't do much there. I hope i was laughing the whole time. we just spent hours in the room I was staying talking about things and catching up a tiny bit despite seeing each other just the Thursday before. I believe i learnt alot from my friend that night. And i think have "serious" discussion about our views may have changed my outlook on the world slightly. I'll remember how later, but I am thank full for that. Having a chance to talk with someone with different views.
Don't do it just to piss them off!!! (I wasn't intentionally, and I certainly wasn't aiming for that, but if You felt I was being antagonistic on purpose, IM SORRY! I really want to understand all thats around me. I believe peace can be obtained through knowledge and understanding not aggression and oppression. So my "awkwardness" to talking about things like this, i see are just a way of trying to understand, not conventional :( but It works [in simple, eek])
Still, i am really thankful for that bit of the talk because I can see how people may state their opinions and then go on to fight for their justification for it until the other person openly goes "I AGREE". I hope I don't do that, and if I do, I know I will try to make sure it is myself that only saying that it is right for me. Still, we can say that we are entitled to our own opinions, but we so easily fight those who speak out against our own. I must still be ignorant or something, because I know I have a mountain to climb before I really can talk about my own beliefs whilst simultaneously acknowledging the other's.
So that serious talk was a real moment in my life and I will cherish it for a while yet. {For Mabel; I am thankful it was you I was talking to because most other people would probably have taken me home after that :P I would happy say that was a strong point in my life, and a great learning experience, I just hope it's made me a "better" person. :) }
Another great bit of the this day i really enjoyed were the photos and internet useage! So whilst we talked to Mabel's friends we were also taking picture with photobooth. Although this dominated most of the night alongside Dancing on Ice, I was laughing the whole time and I really wish to do that wayy more often! I usally find talking to just one person like once a week a nice thing. This was a whole new level of fun!! Maybe having a social life is all it's cracked up to be ;) I expect the photos will be up soon somewhere and I will look like a right utter tit in most of them, but still. If only I could do that like once a month of something. Talking to lots of people and doing other crazy things with that! Now I think that is pretty unbeatable.
So the sad bits. As i said I was Ill recently. and this lead to my MASSIVE loss of appetite, I went from eating everything to not being able to eat half a bow of cereal. This got better over the days, but nothing was more depressing than knowing I could not finish a lasagne!! I was in tears on the inside having to put that bowl back in the kitchen with lasagne still in! R.I.P Half Eaten Lasagne. :(
So day 1. was a great way to start a holiday. I could not stand the hospitality because they were all so lovely!! I need to do something for them that equally lovely!! THANK YOU for that!
With that bit over with, i gotta say I am dreading writing the rest of all this because Day 2 was very emotion filled and day 3 had its up and downs, but between the two of them, It could lead to alot of writing!!
No comments:
Post a Comment