so people of my age group have been suing this sentence alot... "It doesn't feel very christmassy this year". Unfortunately, it won't be as christmassy for the rest of your life now. There is no way to emulate as a child how important Christmas really is. And not because you are gaining presents for now reason. there is a genuine feel of love in the air and is a feeling so strong you don't think it could ever end this feeling.
Well, with that feeling, i started to age and it got smaller and smaller each year. there is always a certain surprise to christmas, but I don't think I could ever feel it as special as it was just over 2 years ago.
That's right, christmas became something of a chore to me round about the age of 15. Not sure if it was the loss of innocence or the fact I had other things on my mind. But it was jsut not as passionate as the aforementioned feeling. I can only hope that it will be really special tomorrow. But because of the economy and shit banking. We are in a tight position this year. And it just lacks that magic. still. Thanks Mum and Dad. You are trying anyway. Which is why I am bothering to get you better presents. Thank you for staying in the christmas spirit.
No comments:
Post a Comment