The title of this blog is rather redundant now... it's no long "inner" ramblings, but feel free to read my rambles anyway and suggest any given comment to make me move on. I am probably too busy not caring anyway.

Friday, 10 February 2012

i hate being ill...... ruins my plans for when I am healthy!

For once i have decidedly got alot more to talk about tonight. Due to my previous post opening up to more, and the event of me being ill, and an interesting discovery I made about health during geography.
So I want to start with just that. What is Health? The World Health Organisation defines it as; "a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity."
I rather enjoy this definition, not because it means while I am being ill from viruses and bacteria, etc, etc. It means I need to be healthy of Mind and socially. So according to WHO I need to have friends which keep me happy. (check) And I need a state of mental well being....... Not so much luck there :) And basically because most people now'a days lack one of these almost constantly, take pride in the fact that you are Officially ill 24/7 
Thought that was a nice one.
SO yes I am currently ill, it is not pleasant as anyone could guess. But it gave me a realisation of some kind earlier. A couple of months ago I was the first to become ill and take time off school. Hours later after a boring day, it lunch at school and I am at home by my phone, and like ever it is not doing anything. Then a phone call appears! Our favourite purple haired (formerly ginger, which is still cute) person had phoned me up to see if i was okay. Inadvertently this person had created a, what is now, a tradition. Every time one of is ill, we phone them up just to see if they are okay and want to talk. Today, this tradition was continued and with style, instead of one person being on phone, an alien friend of mine decided to make it a 3/4 way call. Most fun I have ever had while i was ill! It honestly one of the greatest things to have a phone call like that. I may not have been there, but I knew I was still part of that group. I honestly love you people to bits! If were good at sentence making, then I would be able to write down how I truly feel about this sort of thing. But that one call was enough to cheer me up during the day, and I can not thank my friends enough. I am practically in all of your debts.
Which brings me to my last point of my blog. I know I can usually write essays on tiny things, but this one should at least be readable. I asked a couple of questions last post, and one of them that really sticks out to me is "what do I have?" In simple quite alot more than i probably deserve.
But I will list out probably the most important things in my life, just want to point out now, there is not a rank order, I shall all these things equally and do not choose favourites..

  1. I have my life, what is ahead of me I am not certain of, but I know if I try hard, it will be rewarding.
  2. I have my full family, sure we all have our differences and the things that let us down, but everyone is alive and I know we love each other very much, despite our short comings.
  3. I have the most unbelievably wonderful friends. I once heard "choose your friends carefully" and I tried to be careful with who I am around. I have made mistakes in the past. but My family of friends is so large and expansive to me, there are so many people out there who put up with crap from me, and they never complain, they never stopped caring, and although I may have been blind to some of them. Everyone one of these is important. I can now fully trust my friends, those who are close to me, I may be odd, and i get feelings sometimes. But thank you all, for giving me a life! I could go on forever, but that is not so fair on other things :P 
  4. The material items in my life, I have a small home recording studio, built up from different cheap parts, I have a whole set of guitars, and more. Although i can get pissy with my stuff, it is truly awesome
So really that is just a fraction of what i have, but I hope it highlights the fact that I am so very grateful for everything around me. I never wish to take it all for granted. But ultimately With out loss, there can be no gain. "equivalent exchange; to obtain something of equal value must first be given up" I know this is true, i just hope i never have to give these things up to obtain something greater. Because losing all of this is not worth whatever the outcome may be. So basically, Is there anything you take for granted? and if so what not work towards protecting that, making sure you can't lose your securities?

1 comment: