The title of this blog is rather redundant now... it's no long "inner" ramblings, but feel free to read my rambles anyway and suggest any given comment to make me move on. I am probably too busy not caring anyway.

Monday, 27 February 2012

God it's freezing out here! i wonder what Tristan would do in this situation?!?

Since everyone else is currently being "blogtastic". I think it's about time i did some of value. Or at least started to impose my meaningful values back unto you.
So where do i begin tonight? where there are a couple of things i like to think about right now. Before writing this, I read through other's blogs. as you do. Then they both asked questions at the end asking for anyones response. As they do.
Well my dear friends it's time i gave you an answer.
So i think I shall start of with the one that really gets me thinking. The word love being thrown around constantly. I agree with Mabel's point, yet it is thrown around a lot, by a lot of people. But I think we've missed the bigger question. How many of us actually mean it? It's very well to say when you are in like year 8. But we are in college now, we should be careful of what we say. I know that for myself, every time I say "I love You". I bloody well mean it! Love is such a strong, extreme and powerful word. If i say it about something or about someone. It means that. That someone is someone i trust, whether the love is "true" or platonic, it doesn't matter. the way I see it, as long as i say it to those people I truly care about. and I mean, trust, respect and give an undying bond for. Then i must love them with all my heart. And since i have already said i love you to quite a few people this year. You lot are the best of the best to me. And I know if I need to, i will fight to maintain that.

(please note, that is alot of feelings condensed in to one paragraph, Im tired and I can't vocalise feelings usually)

now WithaY also posted a couple of things recently, like what their next blog should be about. I vocalised my feelings saying that if I knew, i would have posted it already here. but WithaY also posted something about extended families and having this bond I mentioned earlier.
The simple answer is, yes i have this bond with people once more. And this time I KNOW it is a bit more special. not because we are friends and "we are better than everyone else". That thinking is childish and is probably the most untrue statement anyone has ever made. my point is, now that i have started college I was given a freedom which is sadly not properly/ adequately given to you during your lower school years.
I have been able to choose my friends.
Now this sounds silly, because we choose our friend while growing up, but in your group surely there was someone you didn't like or maybe you were there because noone else would take you in. It is all the same in lower years. now i have new friends, who i met and i decided whether i wanted to be friends with them. I am not sure if they had the same option as i did ;)
However, now that i have them i want to think i will fight to have them forever. I am attached to them all beyond all reason. Basically, if I say I love you, to a friend, it is because I may feel it's time to say, "welcome to the family" sort of thing, or that "I am attached to you, and I hope this new bond is an unconditional one, because I surely shouldnt have to come with any hidden conditions"

Sure we all have our ups and downs, but what makes us special is our ability to pick ourselves up and to try again. Or try and fight for something we truly want. So i suggest. if you ever see something you love, you want, that you so dearly want to keep, slipping away. I suggest one thing. Fight harder. No matter what any outside influence may say, not matter what you say to yourself. fight it, and as long as the chance to pick yourself up exists. Fight for it until it is yours.



Now my last point before I am off asking my own question. I would like to point something out. I just used the word "fight" multiple times. despite it's aggressive nature, i use the fight in a metaphorical sense of course. I never condone violence to solve problems. should any "fight" resort to name calling or physical violence, i suggest that we stop and then look at ourselves asking whether we truly are the ones to blame. then hopefully we realise that everyone, every time, trys to justify the violence by re-writing events or erasing something so we can justify the means for a cause. Dont blame yourself if you do. it's human thing to do. I just want to recognise myself doing it, so i can reconcile for any mistake I made. Surely trying to be a better person is better than just pitying ourselves and watching the other suffer.

Anyway, maybe ill expand on that another time, i just leave with a question, how do you feel about other blog asking questions on how you feel? isn't a blog purely just one's own thoughts, not others?
(I don't, otherwise i wouldn't ask ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment