The title of this blog is rather redundant now... it's no long "inner" ramblings, but feel free to read my rambles anyway and suggest any given comment to make me move on. I am probably too busy not caring anyway.

Saturday, 14 July 2012

MacDonalds? CLASSY!

ramblers, don't you love it when a day was amazing.
Lets get it straight, got picked up by an old friend. We enjoyed an afternoon in his house. watched a really crazy Japanese for film for about 20 minutes. Battle royale is crap! He kicked my arse of call of duty modern warfare. that too. Is crap.
Then I went in to town. met up with faith and hippie. enjoyed the film magical mike. Which is about a  stripper.
And basically the day was all filled with food. Lots and lots of food.
right, I am actually going to review it.
Now I love film. A lot. Simply put, I will be critical of it and hope my criticisms are noted so i don't produce the same result. So lets get the first point out the way. This film was awesome. Though I won't buy it on DVD, not because of the obvious, "what are you trying to tell us?" thing I will deal with, but more because this film is genuinely so good, I will watch it voluntarily. But due to a couple of faults, it wont enter my shelf collection.
Well to begin with I couldn't quite "categorise" it.. It certainly isn't a comedy, but it isn't a full blow romance, well you wouldnt expect either of those from strippers really... Anyway. it certainly is a serious film, but if anything it is a good laugh! (out of curiosity, are you a LAHHHFF person, or  Laff person)
The plot. Well the plot is established, It exists! but... it doesn't particularly develop in traditional style of a beginning middle and end. It is literately just film. The two hours begins and ends like that. Now I am not sure how I actually feel about this, but it really is a notable feature.
My actual problems. Well. 1, there is simply little character development, they start, and stay. Now the main character obviously develop. But it so gentle, back story and development is rather over shadowed by the fact they are strippers. Though, in the case of the plot, that is all you need to know. But, there is one particular scene where the main character and his boss argue. However, this argument both ended questions, but potentially opened up to the best opportunities for back story. So development is a key thing..
2, this is my little niggle. Though it doesn't particularly change anything. The soundtrack. Essentially this didn't exist outside of a strip club. At all time when no one is stripping. there is no music. Now if music was added in certain points. it would have made the whole flow of the movie a hell of a lot better!
So that's my opinion, if you seen the movie, what's yours? did enjoy this movie review thing? Maybe I will make some more if you want?
Im out. laterz!

No comments:

Post a Comment