Ramblers! I just saw a film on BBC2! Funnily enough Rory, it starred Bill Nighy. So if you are an uber nord then you will know of the film I am talking about. 'Paige Eight' is a spy drama and without going to far in to the plot, it is about an MI5 analyst. Who is given a file and his close and old friend shortly after dies. And the whole film is about what is done with this file, and our protagonist learning what it is like to be open and have feelings.
Already someone I can relate to here...
However, the film is driven by an intensively interesting plot which perfectly develops and it's not until after the film I realised, there were no action scenes, no romance scenes, and little to do with special effects. This film is purely plot driven and the things that happen, to an 'opened' mind so much happens and you can see it, but it also opens it up to people who aren't that in to spy films, by revealing what is happening in a clever way and is an enjoyable thing to be interested by.
A word I have found myself using a lot lately is immersion. And his film is incredibly immersive, I forgot to breath at points. And i will leave that on, the ending leaves it all on a particular interesting note, it leaves oth questions and uncertainty in the character. BUT, it also closes everything and leaves nothing for a sequel, but opens up to speculation of what happens.The cast and crew was a perfect mix and all in all, a great film. Highly recommend watching if you get the chance.
Now I wont finish the post on a single review, (I actually have begun to rather enjoy write these things, opinions on others works.) I mentioned earlier, that if you knew what I was talking about before i wrote it, then you were an uber nOrd, yes the typo was on purpose, because i have been playing a game! And if you know the game series I am talking of then I am afraid you are simply a nerd now. I have been playing The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, which is an interesting game, I tried playing The Elder Scrolls IV oblivion before this, so i have something to compare it to. Something i was told was that, no matter what game you play this series is fully IMMERSIVE, and WILL take you in from the beginning and you will know what you are doing.
Well that sentence was Utter shit spoken! Oblivion, is a really crappy game to get in to, its slow tutorial, both confuses new players and take far too long to happy. Introducing a new story element for expirenced players, so already, i dont care for it, i need to go back 3 games and learn what is happening.
However, I wouldn't bother write this, if it were not for Morrowind. Morrowind placed me in a far better situation, as a new player still I did not know what was going, and there are still various questions I want answered, which probably could be answered if I played the first 2 games. However, for those who choose to look for it, Morrowind provides background through the means of books and tells you various things. It feels it was designed to both incorporate new players and let the new ones in on something special. For example, when i played the 4th game, the Emperor, came to my cell (oh yeah, for some unfathomable reason, you are always a prisoner set free in these game.) and basically saw me and said it was now time for him to die. Which pretty cool seeing captain Picard do. However, this set up lead to e being utterly confused and i did not know what was happening, i was doing things and consequences were happening I did not see. Generally a bad expirence.
But Morrowind, allows you to enter a building, with a lack of Picard, but it worked enough for to start playing an Elder scrolls game.
The Land is huge, and quite frankly I should pack my lunch if I ever want to get anywhere. But it is, what you see is where you go. Which is great, but when you take a fast travel system to get anywhere, fast, it kind of removes alot of the whole point of a giant land, but when you can only get 10 metres withing 10 minutes, the need for a fast character becomes apparent.
But as basic as all this gets. Morrowind, is an enjoyable game once it starts to pick up its pace. You decide what you want to do, and how you want to do it. Though the game present limitations and various bugs, I feel far more forgiving to this game than I do oblivion. And in the far far future once i have finished both Morrowind and oblivion, I will play skyrim, and then most likely rip the shit out of for everyone hype it up so much and it only to pale in comparison to it predecessors!
Well not likely, I am still level 1 and I been playing for 3 fucking days now! REALLY LONG GAME!
No comments:
Post a Comment